Assumes the administrative responsibility for the Resident Services Department. Provides guidance for the Resident Services Staff, interacts with residents and care givers, and in general manages the healthcare for our residents. Also assumes responsibility for AHCA survey readiness of the Resident Services Department at all times.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures residents receive care services professionally, timely, and as ordered by their physician.
- Supervises and directs the activities of the entire Resident Services Staff.
- Maintains the department for AHCA survey readiness at all times.
- Communicates effectively with Executive Director on a daily basis concerning residents and department needs.
- Hires and terminates all Resident Services personnel with the assistance of Human Resources.
- Plans staffing schedules for the entire department and distributes appropriately.
- Develops, enforces and manages fair policies for the management of the Resident Services Department staff’s time schedules.
- Makes recommendations to the Executive Director concerning policy and procedure changes related to staffing as appropriate.
- Functions as designee in absence of Executive Director.
- Communicate proficiently via telephone, computer, and in person.
- Practices Universal Precautions.
- Encourages and monitors safe work practices.
- Provides additional safety and oversight of residents as needed.
- Facility is in operation 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. At times, this position may have to work outside their normal work hours to meet the needs of the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Knowledge of regulations (state and federal) as they apply to Assisted Living Facilities.
- Ability to perform physical and mental requirements of the position
- Possess excellent communication skills.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- LPN or RN licensed in the State of Florida.
- Core training for ALF Administrator.
- CPR certified.
- Minimum of two years’ leadership experience with at least one year in a geriatric facility.
- Professional experience in practice of geriatric Resident Services.
About Gold Choice Senior Communities
Gold Choice Senior Communities strives to offer DIGNITY – COMFORT – VALUE to our residents. We recognize the importance of quality people to help us meet this goal. Gold Choice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gold Choice is a Drug-Free Workplace. Employment with Gold Choice Senior Communities requires a Level II Background Screening and a Drug Test. Gold Choice is a fast growing affordable assisted living community. With plans to expand there are great opportunities to grow within the company. We strive to provide the greatest care for the most affordable price.