The CNA is responsible for providing residents with supervision and assistance, as needed, with the activities of daily living. This may include help with ambulation, bathing, dressing, eating, grooming and other personal hygiene activities, depending upon the needs for the resident and the services offered by the facility. 1st, 2nd and Overnight shifts available. Facility is in operation 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. At times, this position may have to work outside their normal work hours to meet the needs of the facility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specific job duties include providing personal supervision or assistance with:
- Ambulation: Helping residents maintain balance when getting in and out of bed and providing necessary help with walking or manipulation of a wheelchair.
- Bathing: Assembling towels, soap and other necessary supplies, helping the resident in and out of the shower/bath, turning the water on and off, adjusting water temperatures, washing and drying portions of the body which are difficult for the resident to reach and being available while the resident is bathing. Maintains residents’ shower/bath schedules under the direction of the Director of Resident Services. All residents are scheduled for showers/baths and shampoo on a regular basis.
- Dressing: Helping the resident to choose and to put on appropriate clean clothing, fastening hooks, buttons, zippers and ties.
- Grooming: Helping the resident shave, brush teeth or clean dentures, wash, comb and curl hair, clean, cut and file fingernails and toenails.
- Beds: Making beds throughout the building when needed. Changing of beds weekly.
- Eating: Escorting residents with walkers and wheelchairs to and from the dining room as needed. Helping with cutting food. Helping with supervision of the residents in the dining room as assigned. Feeding residents that aren’t able to feed themselves.
- Toileting: Assisting with toileting needs such as getting on and off the toilet and applying personal continent protection such as adult briefs. Assisting with hygiene as needed.
- Supervision: Guiding residents, being aware of the residents’ general whereabouts, monitoring by observation the activities of the resident while on the premises of the residence to ensure his or her health, safety and well-being, reminding the resident to carry out daily living activities or appointments as appropriate.
- Providing Emotional Security: Promoting feelings of safety and freedom from danger, fear and anxiety.
- Preparing residents for bed. Giving evening showers/baths when scheduled.
- Transport: Arranging transportation to medical/dental appointments. Assisting residents with making medical/dental appointments.
- Observe and assess residents’ conditions and needs.
- Report any changes in the residents’ conditions and needs.
- Document observations on the flow sheet according to established charting procedures as needed.
- Take vital signs (weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature) of all residents. Report any abnormal readings to Director of Resident Services as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge and ability to execute the disaster preparedness and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform the additional responsibilities to assist residents with activities:
- Prepare snacks and drinks.
- Work with volunteers who are present to help entertain residents.
- Help exercise residents through planned activities such as group walks and other outdoor activities.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service programs as assigned.
- Practice Universal Precautions.
- Encourage and monitor safe work practices.
- Provide additional safety and oversight of residents as needed.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Must possess working knowledge of Universal Precautions.
- Must be creative, sensitive, responsible, patient and tolerant.
- Must be able to help maintain calm environment.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- CNA, HHA, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Current Med Tech certification.
- CPR and First Aid certified.
About Gold Choice Senior Communities
Gold Choice Senior Communities strives to offer DIGNITY – COMFORT – VALUE to our residents. We recognize the importance of quality people to help us meet this goal. Gold Choice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gold Choice is a Drug-Free Workplace. Employment with Gold Choice Senior Communities requires a Level II Background Screening and a Drug Test. Gold Choice is a fast growing affordable assisted living community. With plans to expand there are great opportunities to grow within the company. We strive to provide the greatest care for the most affordable price.